Explore the PLP Digital Archive
The PLP encourages everyone, including educators and learners to engage with our archive and resources for teaching, research and curation purposes. You can develop your own curations with our low res images by registering.
Use of Images & Be in Touch
The images on the PLP website are available for educational, heritage, non-commercial and research purposes. These are low resolution images with metadata and copyright credits. Each photographer has different terms and conditions with regard publishing and commercial use. Please be in touch with the administrator if there are requests for more information with regard use.
How to use this Digital Archive
Unregistered users can
- View our growing database of photographers
- Search the Collection with Cloud Tags and all metadata
- Click on a Gallery name for an overview with large thumbnails
- Choose slideshow for details of each image
- In the slideshow under each image click detail for the caption and other metadata
- Use the Lightbox feature , then click on top right corner for a full view of each image.
- Useful Lightbox keys: f = next mode; q,x = exit; p = previous; n = next; s = start/stop; d = dismiss this notice
Registered users can
- Download low resolution images to build your own Gallery.
- Send a request to the PLP team for permission to use an image for anything other than personal appreciation. Please note no photographs can be published without permission.
- Download your Gallery as a zip file
- Share images on Social Media