Explore the PLP Digital Archive
The PLP encourages everyone, including educators and learners to engage with our archive and resources for teaching, research and curation purposes. You can develop your own curations with our 11469 images by registering.
Use of Images & Stay in Touch
The images on the PLP website are available for educational, heritage, non-commercial and research purposes. These are low resolution images with metadata and copyright credits. Each photographer has different terms and conditions with regard publishing and commercial use. Please be in touch with the administrator if there are requests for more information with regard use.
Login or Create an Account
How to use this Digital Archive
Unregistered & Registered users
- View our growing database of 11469 photographs.
- Search the Collection with Cloud Tags and Metadata.
- Share images on Social Media from any slideshow view.
- Build your own Gallery & download images or a zip file of multiple images.
- Send a request to the PLP team for permission to use an image for anything other than personal appreciation. Please note no photographs can be published without permission.
There are 3 ways to view the images.
- A large thumbnail view with 50 images per page, see example here.
- Slideshow view with 1 large image, below that click on details for caption and other metadata, then a filmstrip of all images in a gallery, see example here. On the top right of the slideshow view click on icon to return to thumbnail view. In slideshow view click on the right or left of the large image to see the next or previous image.
- Lightbox view, a full screen per image. Choose the Lightbox icon by clicking on any slideshow or filmstrip image, then click on top right corner for a full view of each image. Useful Lightbox keys: f = next mode; q,x = exit; p = previous; n = next; s = start/stop; d = dismiss this notice.
To Tag, download or request use of an images you need to be in slideshow view, on the far right below the image you will see the following 3 buttons